Saskatchewan ranks first among provinces, tied with PEI, as the best place to install solar panels to save money in Canada, according to a new National Energy Board (NEB) economic study (National Post, November 28, 2018).
The study looked at 200,000 communities across every province and found the following:
1. Saskatchewan has more hours of sunlight than almost anywhere
2. The cost of electricity in Saskatchewan is among the highest in Canada
The study goes on to conclude:
It is cheaper for Saskatchewan homeowners to produce power with solar than to purchase power from the grid.
It makes sense with solar being cheaper and more efficient than ever before and our high and rising cost of traditional power.
Additionally, the NEB study didn’t take into consideration the new incentives from SaskPower, which makes solar even more attractive in our province.
On November 27, 2018, SaskPower announced that:
1. The 20% cash back program on solar installations scheduled to expire in 2018, has been extended to November 30, 2021
2. You can now bank credits with SaskPower when you overproduce power (called Net Metering) for three (3) years now instead of just one (1) year
SaskPower has clearly committed long-term to encouraging more solar use.
They’ve recognized solar as a great way for homeowners, farmers and businesses to save money while helping the province go green.
There’s more evidence all the time that Saskatchewan is the perfect place for Cleaner, Cheaper, Power.
If you’re interested in learning more, request a FREE QUOTE at: trugreenenergy.com/quote-request
– Your friends at TruGreen Energy